Sunday, March 23, 2008

Deerfield


Woke up this morning to a layer of heavy wet snow on the ground. There went the motivation right out the window. Finished up some projects I had started, cleaned the drive train on the XO1. And went and had the rear wheel re dished for my single speed.
By late afternoon the snow had melted and the roads had dried up. Wangpig had been in contact so I guess it was time to ride. He had time for a quick ride and so did I. So it was out the door I headed. He seemed to have a route in mind, one of these days I will learn to ask what he is thinking. We headed out towards Burton City and cut over to Burkhart. He said we were heading to Deerfield, and I thought to myself "cool, it's a pretty good ride south on Deerfield". We got there and he turned left............... OH &*%# he meant climb Deerfield! This is one of those hills that I usually leave till some time in June or July. Oh well once again I know that I must get out and do this one more often. At least he was kind enough to wait at the top and let me get a picture of the sign.

No comments: